Cascais – Artemis Racing has consistently been on the podium of the RC44 Championship Tour for the past four seasons. Currently sitting on equal points with third placed Synergy, the Swedish team has announced their America’s Cup Team Manager, the two time British Olympic gold medallist, Iain Percy as their new RC44 tactician.
Joining the team for the penultimate event of the 2013 season, it will be Percy’s first time racing in the RC44 Class. “I am really excited to be doing my first RC44 regatta, especially because I am joining Torbjorn and his team.” Percy maybe new to the RC44 class, but has competed at the host venue, Cascais, Portugal on many occasions. “Cascais is one of my favorite places to race in the world. Results normally come from good starts, upwind speed and safe boat handling. Artemis will have to be at the top of our game to make an impression in this incredibly strong fleet”.
Team owner and helmsman, Torbjorn Tornqvist, is looking forward getting racing again in Cascais with his new tactician. “We welcome Iain on board Artemis Racing’s RC44 team, replacing Morgan Larson who has been in this position for two years and is moving on to new ventures. We wish Morgan well, and look forward to the skill and experience Iain will bring to our team.”
The fourth event of the 2013 RC44 Championship Tour will return, for the second year, to the picturesque bay of Cascais, Portugal from the 2-6 October 2013. In 2012 the venue unleashed everything it had at the fleet, from boat breaking conditions to a light sea-breeze, sun to torrential rain.
- Trofeo 1001VELAcup, a Mondello vince l’Università di Trieste
- 53ma Barcolana, tre giorni alla chiusura delle iscrizioni
- Campionato Europeo UFO 22, vince Escopazzo con Matteo Ferraglia e Carlo Fra...
- Melges 24 European Sailing Series, Trieste is calling for the last event
- Campionato Europeo Melges 20, Brontolo-bis
- Campionato Italiano Dinghy 12, a Palermo vince Vittorio d’Albertas
- Regata del Conero, boom di iscritti e di premiati
- Marina Militare Nastro Rosa Tour, tre equipaggi in un punto si giocano l...
- CICO 2021 Frecciarossa, i risultati del Day 1
- Trieste-San Giovanni-Trieste, i risultati dell’edizione numero sessan...
- RoundItaly, Pendragon primo in 6g18h3m57s
- Marina Militare Nastro Rosa Tour, Claudia Rossi e Pietro D’Alì sono i...
- Campionato Europeo UFO22, da oggi si regata a Malcesine
- Melges 20 European Championship, Fremito d’Aria tiene Brontolo a dist...