Atlantic Ocean – Due to the adverse weather conditions the fleet are experiencing in the Bay of Biscay at the moment, and the number of skippers who have sought shelter or made technical pitstops, Race Direction have published an Amendment (No.8 of the Sailing Instructions). The change means that the finish line in Guadeloupe will remain open for an additional five days until December 7 at 14:00 (previously December 2 at 1400).
Meanwhile Armel Le Clea’ch was successfully rescued around 2130hrs CET/2030hrs UTC by a fishing vessel. The French skipper of Banque Populaire was taken on board and is safe and well and heading for Spain.
Team Banque Populaire is now studying all the solutions to recover the boat.
Other skippers are in trouble, experiencing technical failures. Among them Samantha Davies, Louis Burton, Jeremy Beyou, Lalou Roucayrol, Andrea Mura and Isabelle Joschke.
- Audi MedCup, l’evento secondo lo Studio Borlenghi
- Campionato Italiano Minialtura, vincono Oscar Tonoli e Energy Solution
- Volvo Ocean Race, Richard Mason joins Team SCA
- Campionato Nazionale UFO 22, comanda Mojito ma dietro premono
- Rolex Sydney-Hobart, Wild Oats XI punta su Dynamic Stability Systems
- Campionato del Mondo X-41, WB Five leader a una regata dal termine
- Campionato Mondiale Europa, a Torbole l’edizione 2016
- Vela e rating, ecco il nuovo regolamentio ORC per il 2019
- America’s Cup, Panerai sponsor di Luna Rossa
- Golden Globe Race, close to the finish Slats is not so far from Van Den Hee...
- Campionato Invernale West Liguria, riprese le regate a Sanremo
- Trofeo Valentin Mankin, attesi oltre cinquan ta Dinghy a Torre del Lago Puc...
- Ronstan Finn Australian Championship, Giles Scott wins in Black Rock
- Vela e windsurf, Dario Mocchi e Bruna Ferracane stars dell’AICW