Miami – Rick DeVos wins event 1 of the Miami Winter Series. Competitors came to Miami for sunshine and fast racing around Biscayne Bay; Saturday was a sailor’s delight, and Sunday a day to pack up early and enjoy Miami.
Sunday’s cold front rolled in as expected. The 50 degree morning temperature didn’t scare anyone away, but gusts into the 30’s forced PRO Mattias Dahlstrom to call racing for the day. Teams were happy with the windy conditions on Saturday, “What’s exciting about the M32 is that we sail several quick races in one day, if you mess up in one race you get the opportunity to re do it fifteen minutes later. The boats are exciting, very in the moment so you can’t think about anything else, it’s the ultimate therapy!” Pieter Taselaar.
The awards ceremony took place at newly renovated Regatta Park; congratulations to Rick DeVos, (Macatawa, MI) and team REV for winning the event on a tie breaker.
Teams will gather back February 10-12 for another great weekend of racing on Biscayne Bay.
- Trofeo Formenton, dal 20 agosto la ventquattresima edizione
- CICO 2013, i risultati finali
- New England Boatworks Farr 40 Pre-Worlds, per Enfant Terrible-Adria Ferries...
- Alicante In-Port Race, le crew list
- Rolex Farr 40 World Championship, guida Transfusion ma Nerone è terzo
- Vela e derive, arriva in Italia il primo circuito dedicato all’RS Aer...
- America’s Cup, Francesco de Angelis a tutto tondo
- Campionato Europeo Optimist, Emilia Salvatori è campionessa europea
- Rolex Swan Cup, a Porto Cervo un rendez vous generazionale
- America’s Cup, Alinghi Red Bull Racing is ready to fly
- The Boat Show, format tv per chi ama la nautica
- Mondiale Junior Nacra 17, Porro-Dezulian sono d’argento
- Youth Foiling Gold Cup, twelve teams ready to race in Torbole
- Campionato del Mondo 29er, Demurtas-Santi sono secondi a Barcellona