Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image, the best 80 from 2016
Breaking newsFotografiaIn evidenzaVela 19 Ottobre 2016 Zerogradinord 0
Malta – 80 amazing pictures have been selected for the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image 2016 : Sailing and photography enthusiasts from around the world are invited to vote for this year’s Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image.
The competition will be tight again this year, with the highest participation rate ever ! No less than 149 professional photographers from 25 different countries entered. Their best 80 shots were preselected by a panel of three international and well recognized yacht racing photographers, and are now available to view and to be voted for, at the event website.
“We are delighted and very proud to once again link the name Mirabaud with the prestigious Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award”, said Antonio Palma, CEO of Mirabaud & Cie SA. “Mirabaud has been involved in sailing at the highest level for over a decade, supporting projects who reflect high performance, teamwork and technology. Those elements are often reflected in the images submitted by the world’s best yacht racing photographers, and it is always a great pleasure to discover their work.”
The Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image is open to professional photographers from all over the world. The contest aims to pay tribute to the work of these artists, to provide them with a promotional platform and to help promote the sport of sailing to a wider audience.
Three prizes will be awarded on November 29, at the Yacht Racing Forum in Malta:
– The main prize is the ‘Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image’, selected by the international jury: Andy Hunt (World Sailing CEO, UK), Keith Taylor (marine writer, editor and marine publicist, NZL), Antonio Palma (CEO, Mirabaud & Cie SA, SUI), Anna-Lena Elled (yachting journalist and picture editor, SWE), and Ian Walker (pro sailor, UK, winner of the Volvo Ocean Race)
– The ‘Yacht Racing Forum Award’, decided by the 700 delegates of World Sailing’s Annual conference and the 300 delegates of the Yacht Racing Forum.
– The ‘Public Award’ is based on the number of votes on Internet. This is a fun award, aimed at increasing the visibility of both the photographers and the entire contest. Photographers are encouraged to like and share pictures, and to do as much self-promotion as they like. This prizes recognizes the quality of the winning picture as well as the photographers’ network and the support he (she) can generate around him and his (her) photograph.
Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image has a very wide audience, in line with the objectives of the event and those of the Yacht Racing Forum that aims to help broaden the fan base of the sport, welcome newcomers and increase the attraction of sailing as a competitive sport.
International financial services Group Mirabaud is the official title sponsor of the Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image award. By communicating and associating itself with initiatives that convey an image of professionalism, ethics and performance, Mirabaud keeps pace with the development and expansion of its brand, both locally and internationally.
To see the pictures click here.
- Marina Militare Nastro Rosa Tour, Marco Augelli: “Un’occasione...
- Corinthian World Cup, White Hawk di Gianfranco Noè è il vincitore della pri...
- 52 Super Series, Provezza sbanca Scarlino
- 2023 Star North American Championship, George Szabo and Guy Avellon are the...
- 151 Miglia-Trofeo Cetilar, ecco tutti i vincitori
- J/70 Corinthian World Cup, vice White Hawk di Gianfranco Noè
- La Cinquecento, ecco i vincitori dell’edizione 2023
- J/70 Corinthian World Cup, in settantacinque a Riva del Garda per il primo...
- Tutto pronto a Riva del Garda per la Corinthian World Cup, primo evento del...
- Corinthian World Cup, nel Day 2 cambiano gli equilibri: White Hawk è il nuo...
- Solaris Cup 2023, accadde Porto Rotondo
- Melges World League, Wilma e Nika conquistano la seconda tappa
- Vela&Golf, vince il team dello Yacht Club Costa Smeralda
- Campionato Italiano J/24, vince la Marina Militare
|America's Cup1512||Classi Olimpiche1317|
No comments so far.
Be first to leave comment below.