Bermuda – Red Bull Youth America´s Cup Sport Directors Roman Hagara and Hans Peter Steinacher have announced the 12 teams of sailors aged 19–25 that have been invited to compete in the 2017 Red Bull Youth America’s Cup in Bermuda.
The two Olympic legends from Austria introduced the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup in 2013 to identify outstanding sailing talent and provide a potential pathway to a career in the America’s Cup. With that continuing objective, in 2017 the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup will use AC45 foiling catamarans, as used by the America’s Cup teams in the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series.
“The Red Bull Youth America’s Cup has changed the America’s Cup world – the teams saw that the new boats fit the young generation, who are very good at handling the speed,” says Steinacher. “The sailing leaders are picking younger sailors than before.”
An extensive trials process has taken place worldwide to identify the teams that will compete alongside the six teams affiliated to the full America’s Cup teams, overseen by Roman Hagara and Hans-Peter Steinacher. Over 20 teams registered for the selection process, and the final six have now been confirmed, making a total fleet of 12 teams to compete in Bermuda in June 2017.
Oracle Team USA, the Defender of the America’s Cup, will support and mentor both Team BDA, the Bermudian challengers for the 2017 Red Bull Youth America’s Cup, and Next Generation USA, the American representatives in the 2017 events. – Read on
Team List, Red Bull Youth America’s Cup 2017
• Candidate Sailing Team, Austria
• Team BDA, Bermuda
• Youth Vikings Denmark, Denmark
• Team France Jeune, France
• Next Generation – Team Germany, Germany
• Land Rover BAR Academy, Great Britain
• Kaijin Team Japan, Japan
• NZL Sailing Team, New Zealand
• Spanish Impulse Team, Spain
• Artemis Youth Racing, Sweden
• Team Tilt, Switzerland
• Next Generation USA, USA
- America’s Cup, nessuna causa tra Emirates Team New Zealand e Alinghi
- Vela e maxi, presentata la stagione di Maserati
- Melges 24 European Sailing Series, Chris Rast showing its strength
- RC44 Championship Tour, il rientro di Mascalzone Latino Audi Team
- Vela e riggers, Sail’Solutions-RigPro Italy consolida la sua squadra...
- Marina Militare Nastro Rosa Veloce, The Ocean Race-Genova Grand Finale trio...
- The Boat Show, format tv per chi ama la nautica
- Autunno Inverno Salodiano, il punto dei Protagonist 7.50
- Club e organizzazioni, è nata The Foiling Organization
- Route du Rhum-Destination Guadelupe, Alla Grande Pirelli takes the second i...
- Mirabaud Yacht Racing Image Award 2022, Spanish photographer Nico Martinez...
- Route du Rhum-Destination Guadeloupe, il punto sulla regata di Giancarlo Pe...
- America’s Cup, ETNZ AC40 suffers damages
- EURILCA European Championship, terminate le regate Hyeres