Portoroz – With only one day to go to the start of the first stage of the Melges 24 European Sailing Series, a truly international cast is making ready to take the centre stage in the beautiful bay of Portoroz, Slovenia. The first event of Melges 24 European Sailing Series 2014 is set to take place from 28th March to 30th March with 24 crews from 10 nations competing.
The organizing Committee of Yachting Club Portoroz is checking everything is ready for the first race of the season and one of the most important competitions in Slovenian sea this year. “We will be welcoming a very competitive fleet and are working hard to deliver an outstanding regatta,” says the member of the committee Branko Parunov. “We have great weather conditions for sailing, superb infrastructure and a team full of enthusiasm. Hosting the Melges series confirms the undeniable prestige of this venue and the professionalism of the team behind sailing events such as the RC 44 cup and Extreme 40 World Championship organised here in the recent past” outlined Parunov, enthusiastic about the prospect to bid for the European Championship in the near future.
The regatta valid also as the Open Slovenian National Championship will consist of at least three races, followed by pasta and drink on Friday and Sunday and a gala dinner on Saturday. The racing will take place under the watchful eye of the Principal Race Officer Bojan Gale and his team. The latest has more than 8 years of race management experience covering Olympic classes, dinghies, keelboats and multi-hulls.
To see the entry list click here.
- Rolex Fastnet Race, al via anche Maserati Multi 70
- GC32 Lagos Cup, nuova vittoria di Alinghi
- Mini Gascogna-Puru Challenge 2021, Alberto Riva è primo a Port Bourgenay
- Form shipyard, Enrico Chieffi named as Senior Advisor
- Dai cantieri, Breton e nlcomp insieme per il progetto Ecofoiler
- Civitanova-Sebenico, vince Overwind
- Vela e velisti, scoprendo Lorenzo Bressani
- M32 European Series, VitaminaRapidaCetilar e VitaminaVeloceCetilar fanno do...
- The Boat Show, format tv per chi ama la nautica
- Rolex Fastnet Race, Giancarlo Pedote al via con Martin Le Pape
- iQFOiL Junior & Youth World Championships, francesi in evidenza a Salò...
- Dai club, varata a Trieste la flotta J/70 della Legavela Servizi
- La Ottanta, un’edizione da record vinta da Hagar V e Hauraki
- Coppa Europa Smeralda 888, vince Botta Dritta